Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Putting the Pieces Together

How can I design my workshop so that my students are more focused and engaged?

This is how...
  • Engagement
  • Create an environment where they are safe and willing to take the risks
  • Flexible Pathways
  • Personalized Learning

These are just a few of the things I have been pondering today. After a discussion with Ken this morning, learning more about the pillars, and delving into research on engagement, I am ready to tackle this question. I have discovered that it is so important to give student voice, choice and control over their own learning. I have always believed this, but was always unsure of how to percieve this in the context of the reality of the school year. I am starting to piece together how to make curriculum more engaging and motivating by tapping into students interests. I feel that it is possible to make connect their interests to the curriculum and I am going to take a risk and do so in my classroom.


1 comment:

  1. Billy Jo,
    It sounds like it is coming together for you. I'm excited to see where you are going with your work....and where you are going to land...especially your plan to give student voice, choice and control over their own learning.

    ReplyDelete