Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Reflection: TA and Science Curriculum


I have spent half of my time this week exploring ways to improve the implementation of TA.  We would like students to develop skills to act responsibly and be able to transfer these skills to all settings.  As a school team, we’ve spent time discussing what a TA looks like, met with middle school students and asked clarifying questions about their experiences with TA, and researched ideas.  We’ve developed a clear action research question and have some ideas for implementation.  

The other part of my week was spent learning about the 5th and 6th grade NGSS and how to effectively personalize the learning for these young adolescents.  I made a mind-map of all the NGSS for 5th and 6th grade and found common themes.  My colleague and I discussed possible ways to implement the standards over a two-year plan.  We would like to find ways to find avenues for students to incorporate their passion and personal identities through “themes.”  

Now, I sit trying to reflect on how my learning has progressed.  Honestly, I feel like I don’t have a clear vision of what my next step should be.  Maybe, to step back and begin identifying the 4-8 Learning Targets my colleague and I think are most important for 5th and 6th graders.  Then, create Learning Scales for each target.  I feel that this will provide a foundation in which to build our curriculum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment